A L O E
- The Social Resource and Metadata Hub
is an open platform that allows to introduce social media paradigms in existing (heterogeneous)
infrastructures. ALOE combines traditional approaches to manage resources with user generated content.
- Upload and share arbitrary types of multimedia resources (text, audio, video, web pages).
- Share and organise bookmarks.
- "Social Software" functionalities: tag, rate, and comment on resources;
social browsing; contact lists; messaging etc.
- Group management for open/closed/invisible groups.
- Publish as private, public, or only for a certain group.
- Find resources with different types of search filters (title, description, tags, ...).
- Rank search results according to different criteria (most viewed, best rated, most recent, most bookmarked...).
- Advanced search with different filter criteria (filter by mime type, filter by license, filter by date, ...)
- Feed support (Atom) and email reports for different topics (e.g., activities in groups, activities on resources).
- Automatic metadata generation based on Aperture.
- Embedded player for various resource types (e.g., flash, mp3).
- Thumbnail generation for all common multimedia formats.
- Optional parallel contributions to other platforms (e.g., Delicious, Diigo, Twitter).
- Export of own resources, search results and group resources as Netscape Bookmark File (importable in all common browser and bookmarking platforms).
- Functionalities are also offered as services (SOAP/REST API). This allows for an easy integration in other contexts and (existing) components.
- Full UTF-8 support.
- Easy adaptation of design, menus and texts for new scenarios.
- Arbitrary metadata can be integrated into the system and associated with
resources - thus, the integration of existing data is easy to realise.